making them at home (and healthy-ish at that!) is dead easy and only takes about 20 minutes.
homemade sweet potato fries
1. peel however many potatoes you want and cut into fries (chip) shape.
2. put into a large saucepan and cover with cold olive oil–i know, you think it’s a no-no, but trust me. cold oil.
3. turn the burner on full heat and let the oil come to a boil.
4. keep checking the fries and when they get to your desired ‘doneness’ (i like mine dark golden!) remove from oil with a slotted spoon.
5. place onto greaseproof paper and toss in sea salt.
ps to avoid wasting oil, let it cool in the saucepan and pour into a glass jug for future fry making!